Tuesday 30 June 2015

Warren to Muncy PA and then Columbus PA


I decided to make a pretty early start from Warren OH and was on the road at about 7 am I was aiming for Mauncy PA  where there is a very large  tool shop that I wanted to visit. I have been trying in the UK  to get and insert for the lathe spindle of my colchester, and have so far been unsuccessful. However, I was told that this company have them as a spare part for a lathe they sell, I was told that there were three in stock.

Arrived at  the shop at about 1.30pm  it was a fair drive.. Sadly some of my information was correct, not all,  but some,  there were certainly   three  in stock, that was the good news.  However,   not at that depot. However,   they would post them to me I managed to get a friend  in Peace Dale RI to agree to have them sent to him for me to collect.

I then drove on to Columbus PA which is the home of the NAWCC museum and HQ which I plan to  visit tomorrow. I think I have driven close to 400 miles today.  as I did not get to bed until 2 am yesterday and  am looking forward to a good nights sleep.

I am staying in a 'comfort inn' tonight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment