Monday 15 June 2015

Hartford to Columbia NAWCC and then to Front Royal

I normal write the blog the day after, monday is written on tuesday. However  this one is written  on the day  it happened. today has bee CHALLENGING.

I left Hartford  setting the Sat Nav (SN)  at 6.30 am  the SN told me I should be at the NAWCC museum  about 11.30am. I did not think to check the route that the SN was going to take me. She decided to take me on to Route I95 which took me through New York, New Jersey, and all points that I did not want to be in. What made it word was the weather was foul rain  mini thunder storms rain and bright sun And the authorities knowing I was  on the road decided to shut  two of the lanes on the George Washington Bridge for emergency repairs. the up shot of this was theta I sat in traffic  trying to get on to the bridge for about three hours. could not go back could not really more than inch by inch  forwards.

I gave up trying to get to the NAWCC Museum when the  SN was predicting an arrival at about 3.30pm

I re set the SN for Front Royal  and then sat in  more traffic around many beltways expressways that were anything but express  and the cost of Tolls I cannot talk about.

I eventually reached the Cool Harbor Motel at about 8.15pm  Shattered after narly  14 hours in the car and very little progress.
Challenging is an understatement

Lessons learnt
do not try and fit too much into a day.
check the route that the SN is proposing to take, I should have tried to put in a route  that was a bit less stressful. to see a sign for NewYork City 42 miles will, if you are a boy living in the Forest of Dean make your blood run cold. and then hot and then cold again.

to sit in traffic in the bronx for  three hours is also not that exciting .

No comments:

Post a Comment