Tuesday 9 June 2015

Eastham and Provincetown

We spent a very good day  visiting the galleries and displays at Provincetown  Cape cod. The weather was very blustery and chilly initially. We visited many interesting galleries and saw some very inspiring automata. One maker uses  found objects, kitchen utensils  for her work.A very interesting installation was one based around time which has small strikers and gongs built in to it driven by a small electric motor it was impressive .  One of the interesting things was the movement which was not smooth  but had a kind of very old movie quality jerky and yet quite compelling

When we get back home I would like to try and combine some of the clock skills that I have with my  interest in automata.  I have to really used much 'found'  stuff in the clock work, using found objects   might allow me to find out some other things, both about clocks and automata  

No comments:

Post a Comment