Thursday 25 June 2015

New Orleans to Nashville

This was always going to be a long day, and it was.  It was a very hot night and sleep was difficult.

Sharp start up a 5.45am for a   breakfast at seven   Granola  and then I  was taken to the Louis Armstrong  airport New Orleans,  nice wait for the flight, sadly I was not upgraded to premier economy!  but    all of the seats on the plane were  much wider and had more leg room that you normally get, in my very limited experience.

Nice flight, I was given a window seat and the flight being a day time one, I was able to see a lot of the country as we flew over  it.

Bit of a kerfuffel finding the correct shuttle bus to get from the airport to the hotel where I had paid for car parking, but eventually reunited with the car which was where I left it and  all was fine. eventually left Atlanta at about 4pm

Getting out of Atlanta was a long a very slow  process, due to the amount of traffic and the constant road improvements being carried out,  but eventually on the road to Chattanooga, which is the way to Nashville, this was convent as I was able to make a short detour and collect an adaptor and lead   that I had  left behind on my stay.

I got to Nashville at about 9.45pm and had a very nice welcome from my Air B and B hosts. Very nice room with Air Conditioning. I really  did not appreciate how important AC in this sort of climate, although I dread to think what is the cost of electricity. Not much to eat today, as I  think  I have rather overdone the bread over the last few days.

I am looking forward to a good, cool , nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment