Sunday 28 June 2015

Nashville to Columbus Ohio

This was going to be a long day and it was, but  being a Sunday there was not too much traffic on the roads,  however the lorries were ever present and all driving at at least 70 mph, some well over 80mph.

I started at 7 am and  stopped for a bit of cereal  at about nine,   I then stopped for a coffee and a couple of biscuits  at a Cracker Barrel  at 11am .  I phoned  one of the people who I wanted to talk with and he was more than happy to  chat to me today, this was very good as it has saved me about 140 miles  drive.

I got to New Carlisle  at about  3 pm and we had a very good conversation I put a few of the ideas I have been developing to him and  some he agreed with others  he did not However we did consider that the DNA of the American wood wheeled clock has a lot of British  in it a very  small part of German but a surprisingly large element of Scandanavian  which I am going to explore  further. He kindly showed me  some of his vast clock  collection.

I was also contacted by the person I had arranged to meet on the tuesday he  again readily agreed to meet on monday this is a very good piece of news as it makes the visit that much more effective.

I got to my Air B and b at about 7.30. The room is very nice. I am looking forward to a good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment