Monday 15 June 2015

Hartford to Boston and back again.

Sadly due to the fact that she has to go to work  (someone has to).... Julie had to fly back to the UK today. So we  spent the morning booking places along my proposed route for the next couple of days.  we had  a stroll to  visit to the Elizabeth Gardens in West Hartford, the weather was very very hot and we seemed to be the only people who were  walking.  The gardens, in particular the rose gardens were very good.

The drive to Boston was also pretty good I dropped JC at her terminal in good time for the flight, it was not much fun driving away.

I had made an appointment to change my hire car as the 'muffler' was banging on the chassis and I think a shocker was broken. While I was talking to the Alamo people, I mentioned that problems that I had  experienced actually getting in contact with them on the phone, I did not make much of a fuss but they exchanged the car to an upgraded model a very nice Nissan  they also waived the requirement to return the car with a full tank a very nice and appreciated gesture.

The return journey to Hartford seemed to take a lot longer there was a fair bit of traffic on the road but I got  back to the B and B at about 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment