Saturday 6 June 2015

First days

We had a very good flight from T5 London Heathrow to Logan Boston USA. I was expecting very long delays at Heathrow with security checks but in fact while it seemed to be very exacting is was very done very quickly with hardly any queuing and  not much real disturbance.  I did have to have the search but not problems,  did not have to take all my clothes off, which I think may have been a relief  for all concerned..

The Flight was very good the BA service, even in economy is excellent . We had decent enough food plenty of complementary drinks both alcoholic and soft. The on board films were OK just, Johnny Engish 2 is rubbish as, I am told, is the second best exotic marigold hotel.

Landing was good but the security checks getting in to the USA were laborious.  not helped by very few staff and all the  IT system not working properly, so I suspect it took over an hour. There are at least 400 people on a 747 and only four immigration / homeland security staff on the  entry system desks, is a bit of a joke.

Taxi ride to the ABNB was quite fast and cost about $40. The ABNB is fine  nice room en suite. We had a bit of a nap and then went out for some supper. I had Fish and Chips which was not great  Julie had a salad and flafels total cost 29$  no drink.  We had a wander round and then went back to the BNB

Day Two
Slept quite well breakfast of cereal and tea and then out to sort out the Phone cards and the Sat nav both done the phone cost us $60  and the sat nag about $110. Our host at the BNB gave us two tickets for the trolley bus and we went into Boston. We had a nice wander around  and had lunch in a quay side restaurant. We had lobster, this was the most expensive meal I have ever eaten. I am so embarrassed that I cannot bring myself to admit how much it cost. More wandering around in the afternoon  we walked through the boson common and the posh shops area.  Back to Brookline  the trolley bus was absolutely packed as the Rex sox were playing.

We went back to the Band B  and then out to a pizza shop 1 pizza  14" diameter 1 salad   and two glasses of wine $40. we have realised that the wine is very expensive as were the beers at lunch time . However, as soon as I collect the car I will not be having a drink  so money will be saved in that way. We then spent a happy hour in a superb local bookshop still open and buzzing at  8.30pm. back to the B and B

tomorrow  back to Boston for a couple of Museum visits.    

No comments:

Post a Comment