Sunday 21 June 2015

Day three at Chattanooga then drive down to Birmingham Alabama


I made a final visit to the NAWCC Mart and did eventually make a small purchase, which I hope given time will be  working in my house.

On the first evening I met up with Peter Nunes and a few of his friends one of whom was  going to be selling in the mart, On my first trip to the mart I was looking at an object on his table, It was clearly a tail stock device for a WW bed lathe of some sort  I freely admitted I had no idea what use it might be , I rather think he did not have much of an idea either, we agreed it might be used as a paper weight, I spoke to him on the last day and he gave me the tail stock, he did not want to take it back home  so I will bring it back to the UK I still have not real idea what it is.

Back to the hotel to check out

There is no doubt that the electric  shuttle busses in Chattanooga are a superb transportation method  they are free,  seem to run every five mins and the drivers seem to have autonomy to change routes if the situation requires it. I came back from the convention  last night with a lot of other people  the bus driver was supposed to be going to the aquarium but as she had so many people who wanted to go to the Choo Choo she just went there instead which was pretty cool...

I checked out of the hotel got about 100 yards away, still in the hotel complex,   When I noticed  a warning light on the dash board that one tyre was low, I found a garage and blew up the tyre I could see that there was a nail in the tyre. I went back to the Hotel to ask for a some assistance as I felt I had picked up the nail in their car park, the hotel is undergoing considerable renovations,

I have to say I had to work hard to get much help from the senior receptionist, there was no one who would help to change a tyre, she would accept no responsibility or liability for the damage to the tyre.  Eventually after me standing at the reception desk for about 20 mins, looking very unhappy, she eventually  rang a local tyre company who might be able to carry out a repair. She also  eventually  said that her maintenance staff would  blow up the tyre  if needed. I got to the tyre depot and they patched the tyre  after withdrawing a 4 inch nail.   I have no doubt I got the nail in the  hotel car park.

The drive down to Birmingham was good I stopped off  on the way to have some lunch at a 'cracker barrel' I had a coffee (refillable) and a very nice  below 380 calorie meal  for about $16 which I felt was really good, the service was excellent and the meal was also excellent.

I got to the air  b and b  I was apparently early and the hosts were cleaning the room they were very kind and helpful  no problems. It transpired that I has passed through a time change and I was  one hour out, my watch was saying  5 pm when I had agreed to arrive, however the local time  was 4 pm

I went out and did a little bit of provision shopping

good nights sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment