Wednesday 24 June 2015

Pelham to New Orleans

I had a pretty sharp start from Pelham near Birmingham Alabama where I was staying, so that I could cover the 150 odd miles to Atlanta airport where I was to catch the plane to New Orleans Louisiana.  The day was scorching hot and very bright.  I stopped at a Cracker Barrel about 60miles short of Atlanta for some breakfast. I suppose I really only wanted some coffee, but the nice lady  persuaded me to have a couple of biscuits where are like scones made with buttermilk they are nice. I rather compounded my failings with two pancakes which come with maple syrup, there were also nice. Feeling now rater bloated I completed the rest of the journey leaving the car in the holiday inn car park. 

I got to the airport in good time and passed through security which is pretty tight even for a domestic flight. On checking in, another nice lady gave me an upgrade to premium economy, 10E for those in the know which was a very nice seat loads of leg room and a wide seat placed just behind the first class, I was also given a free gin and tonic. What is not to like?.  Thank you Delta

My cousin Tim met me at the airport and drove me the short distance to his beautiful home, we spent some time catching up. Going out in the evening for a very nice egg plant pannini,   aubergine we call it.


I am staying in the guest flat of the house next door, it was a very hot and humid night.

No comments:

Post a Comment