Saturday 4 July 2015

Drive from Bird in Hand PA to Haddam CT


Quite a long  drive,  and I was a bit concerned that if I had just put the final destination in to the Sat nag it would demand that I went  via  New York City, which  after my last experience, I  was very keen to avoid.  This meant that I had to  do a bit of jiggery-pokery to make sure I went up, and along as opposed going down and along.  Highly technical mapping technique there.

The weather was not good it rained pretty all the the way.  I left Bird in Hand  at about 8.15am and arrived here at 5.15pm , I did have a few back tracks and false  decisions, in fact at the end of the journey the sat nag and I are barely on speaking terms.  However, being a saturday not very many trucks on the road which is a great advantage.

I suppose one of my  memories of the very many  over 4.5K miles I have driven so far, is 'trees', there are millions of trees  everywhere  is wooded  even the pasture places I have driven through are well wooded it is very beautiful.  

The other think I have noticed  recently is the   places selling fire works to be let off tonight 4th July. I drove across country  to day and there were many of theses pop up shops in  covered tents, selling fireworks   I did not really stop to look in detail but the size of these fire works seem huge. I am writing this at about 20.58 on  July 4th and  the sound of the fireworks is all around, I suppose being a Brit I had better keep my head down.....

I am off to the American Watch and Clock Museum tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment